Sunset of Valley 10x20" original oil on canvas
Sunset of Valley 10x20" original oil on canvas with black painted edges by Takayuki Harada.
This painting comes on stretched canvas ready to hang unframed with a black painted edges.
*This artist is available for original commissions and can complete works in custom sizes. Please contact us for details.
* FRAMING: While this original oil comes ready to hang unframed...adding a frame can add that extra wow factor to the piece. We are experienced framers of Takayuki Harada's art. Contact us for more information on framing this this piece today.
* QUALITY: Takayuki Harada paints in oil reminiscent of the old masters with a contemporary flare.
* SALES TAX: California state sales tax is applicable to California residents. Any orders shipped outside of the state of California will not be charged California state sales tax.
* SHIPPING / ORDER FULFILLMENT: In stock art generally ships within 3-5 business days of order. We usually ship the art UPS ground, fully insured and sometimes signature required and you will be notified with tracking once the artwork has shipped.
* SHIPPING PRICES: Our online shipping price is estimated based on purchase price and in most instances the shipping price is accurate. If our website overcharges shipping, we will apply a partial shipping refund to your order. If our website undercharges shipping, we will contact you to discuss your shipping options. For a more precise shipping quote, please contact us.
* INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Contact us for international shipping quotes. We offer competitive international shipping rates.
Takayuki Harada - (b.1965)
Takayuki Harada was born, raised and educated in Tokyo, Japan and received his degree in Japanese Literature. He has been drawing for as long as he can remember. However, he did not pursue his interest in oil painting with real seriousness until, when in his early thirties, he began to travel throughout Europe and the United States. As he visited the many major art museums and art galleries, he was deeply moved and inspired by the beauty of oil painting, especially those of the great masters. Thus began a life-long devotion to the art. At that time he understood very clearly that in order to master painting, he had to first study drawing seriously. For two years he studied only drawing, not working with paint at all during this time. Now his paintings contain accuracy through the academic drawing skills.
He is primarily a self taught artist; however, he took some lessons from Eugenia Erittchine who receives his formal education in the Russian schools of art; August Haboush, a well known artist and professor currently teaching in the Bay Area; and others.
Art critic Brian Sherwin commented on artist Takayuki Harada’s paintings, stating, ”Takayuki Harada combines the classical elegance of painting with a contemporary twist. In a sense, his figure paintings offer viewers an open - narrative that is strengthened by his thought-provoking use of lighting." Sherwin added, "These paintings beckon viewers to build upon the sensual mystery that Takayuki Harada provided."
2012 International Salon GreenHouse Gallery
2013 International Salon GreenHouse Gallery
2015 Oil Painters of America 24th National Juried Show
2016 Oil Painters of America 25th National Juried Show
2018 The ARC Salon Exhibition Salmagundi Club New york
2018 The ARC Sotheby’s Los Angeles
2019 The ARC MEAM Museum Barcelona, Spain
2012 Jury's Top 50 Award International Salon
2013 Finalist BoldBrush Competition July 2013
2014 Finalist the 2013/2014 ARC Salon
2015 Finalist the 2015/2016ARC Salon
2016 Finalist the 2016/2017 ARC Salon
2017 Chair man’s choice 2017/2018 ARC Salon
Artist Statement: I was attracted to impressionistic painting in my twenties. As I visited many museums in my early thirties, I was deeply impressed by the beauty of the classical painting, especially the Italian Renaissance painting in which I observed such skillful drawing techniques. At that time I understood very clearly that in order to master painting, I had to first study drawing seriously. For two years I studied only drawing, not working with paint at all this time. Now my paintings contain accuracy through the academic drawing skills yet have bright impressionistic colors found in modern paintings.