Vintage 1870 - V Marketplace
8x10" Gallery Wrapped Canvas Giclee
*This original oil has sold.
Formerly the Groezinger Winery, and once known as “Vintage 1870,” the V Marketplace complex was originally built in the year 1870 by German-born vintner Gottlieb Groezinger. One of the largest facilities of its day, the Groezinger Winery and family home occupied more than half of the 23-acre Groezinger Estate. It included a massive brick winery, a brandy distillery, a steam power plant, creamery, brick stables and barns, and a two-story estate mansion to the north of the property. The property was sold by the Groezinger family in 1889, but remained an operating winery under successive owners until 1955.
Hosting a handful of specialty shops and two small cafes, the buildings were reopened in 1968 as the Vintage 1870 specialty shop complex. Over the past decades, and under subsequent ownership, the buildings have undergone continuing restoration to carefully blend the character and charm of yesteryear with the richness of the present day.
Since opening in 1968, V Marketplace has distinguished itself as Napa Valley’s landmark icon of shopping, entertainment and special events. Gallery 1870 is an art Gallery that is featured inside the V Marketplace and was founded in the early 1990's. The center now welcomes over half a million visitors from around the globe through its doors each year.
This painting comes as in an 8x10" open edition canvas print gallery wrapped and stretched ready to hang unframed.
Imre Buvary is a retired artist in his 70's. He is originally from Budapest, Hungary, and now resides in Northern California.
Historical Photos of what is now V Marketplace: